The 'Data' Day Life of a HR Professional - GDPR & the Employee Lifecycle
Since the introduction of the GDPR in May 2018, employees have become much more aware of their data protection rights and, just as importantly, the responsibilities of their employers. Everyone knows about the large fines imposed on British Airways and Marriott International, but what about smaller organisations and charities?
The Information Commissioner’s Office has recently shown that it will impose proportionate fines according to merit, regardless of the size or resources of the offending organisation.
The GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 can be a minefield for the uninitiated and the purpose of this webinar is to provide clear and practical answers to everyday HR data protection issues and to help organisations reduce the risk of potentially crippling fines and reputational harm.
This will benefit not only HR professionals but those who advise them, both employment lawyers and compliance staff.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What do you need to tell candidates about how you will handle their personal data and when do you need to do so?
- Can you compel someone to undergo background checks, including criminal record checks before taking up employment with your organisation?
- What are the data protection issues that you need to take into account when handling a business sale or loss of service contract to a competitor?
- What are the issues you need to be aware of as a charity if you do wealth screening and prospect research into potential donors?
- What personal information about an alleged sexual harasser can you share with someone who has raised a grievance about them?
- Can you share performance data about your UK team with your boss in Seattle?
- Can you refuse to respond to a data subject access request if the search results in 40,000 hits?
- You are setting up a new platform for employees to record their absence, including annual leave and sickness absence. What are the data protection implications and what do you need to do?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 22nd February 2022 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation