The Corporate Insolvency & Governance Act 2020 - What Difference Has it Made for the Profession?
"Stephen brilliant as ever! Clear and concise, saved me days of reading..."
On 26 June 2020, the most significant piece of insolvency legislation since the Insolvency Act 1986 came into force.
It became law very quickly and was driven by the Government’s drive to seek to minimise the economic fallout post COVID-19. One year on from the passing of the Act, this new highly practical live broadcast session will be presented by Stephen Allinson, the former Non-Executive Chairman of the Insolvency Service, which was instrumental in the drafting of this legislation.
The session will guide you through the key areas covered by the Act and look at how the law has developed during the difficult economic situation of the last 12 months. It will be of relevance to insolvency lawyers and insolvency practitioners, together with commercial lawyers and litigators and bring matters fully up to date for the busy practitioner.
There has been an increase in demand for the skills of insolvency professionals in recent times and this session will ensure you are fully up to date and able to advise any commercial clients and businesses in this arena.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- What has happened to the insolvency statistics since the COVID-19 pandemic?
- The innovative nature of the moratorium procedure and the role and functions of the monitor
- Restructuring Plans - how the case law has developed in the first twelve months
- Where do these new procedures fit into the existing insolvency rescue arena of Administrations and Company Voluntary Arrangements?
- New protections for companies from supplier pressure - creditor or debtor friendly?
- “Temporary” wrongful trading provisions - did they make a difference ?
- Statutory Demands and Winding Up procedures - when should creditors be using these now?
- Case law brought up to date - are any themes arising for practitoners?
- Any other reforms on the horizon?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.