The Corporate Deal
This course is aimed at property lawyers who may be asked to provide support on a corporate transaction.
It will consider what you need to do differently when providing corporate support compared with more traditional property work and what your corporate colleagues will be expecting from you.
The course will cover not only standard corporate takeovers and mergers but also more specialist corporate deals such as hotel acquisitions, energy projects (especially pipelines) and PFI/PPP.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Share sale versus asset sale - what are the differences, the advantages and disadvantages?
- Property warranties - negotiating the wording
- Due diligence
- Guarantees and indemnities
- Warranties and representations
- The disclosure letter
- Tax implications
- Certificates of title
- Precedent wording
- Recent relevant cases
- Hotel sales and purchases
- Energy projects (especially pipelines)
- PFI (private finance initiative) and PPP (public private partnerships)
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme