The Charities Act 2022 - Regulatory Powers and Authorised Costs Orders
The Charities Bill has received Royal Assent to become the Charities Act 2022.
This virtual classroom seminar will look at the provisions in the Act which provide the Charity Commission with enhanced or new regulatory powers.
It will also look at the Charity Tribunal’s new power to make authorised costs orders.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast will cover the following:
- New powers of the Charity Commission to:
- Regulate the working names used by charities
- Delay the registration of unsuitably named charities
- Delay the entry of an unsuitable name on to its central register
- Prevent the use of an unsuitable name by an exempt charity
- Direct an exempt charity to change its name
- The new power to determine who the trustees of a charity are
- The new power to authorise a charity to pay an equitable allowance to a trustee
- The new power for the Charity Tribunal to make an ‘authorised costs order’
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.