The Building Safety Act - What’s New for 2023?
This virtual classroom seminar will look at the Building Safety Act and the provisions due to come into force.
There are new duties from 1 April 2023, and further new and extended duties from 1 October 2023.
In the session you will learn the key areas and legal requirements for what is coming into force as well as when and how it will affect you and your projects, assets, investments, and portfolios.
We will also consider the intentions for the new competency framework and close with key takeaways and priorities.
For conveyancers looking for a Building Safety Act update we recommend this virtual classroom session - Apartment Blocks, Fire Safety & Building Safety - An Update for Residential Conveyancers & Property Managers - Learn Live
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast will cover the following:
- Legislative framework: Implementation timetable
- Backdrop: Putting the cost of implementing the BSA to industry, and others, into context
- Key terminology: HRB, Duty Holders, Accountable Person, Golden Thread and Gateways
- Key issues for developers, investors and property managers
- Intentions around the new ‘competency framework’
- ‘Stakeholders’ and inclusion
- Enforcement by the Building Safety Regulator and Construction Products Regulator
- Key takeaways
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.