Tenants’ Pre-emption Rights - Minimising the Impact on Commercial Property Investment
Investors and owners of mixed residential/commercial properties may find it both harder, and more time consuming, to sell or otherwise deal with their properties where the residential tenants have pre-emption rights under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987.
This intermediate level webinar guides you through the process from checking whether such rights exist, when they must be complied with and the steps that must be taken when they do.
The session will also look at practical ways in which disposals can be made without triggering such rights.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Recognising disposals which trigger tenants’ rights: qualification provisions and timings
- Severing the transaction: the impact on valuation
- Exchanging conditional contracts: why this is problematic
- The tricky issue of commercial leases and 1954 Act renewal rights
- Structuring the deal to avoid triggering the tenants’ rights: can it be done?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 23rd March 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.