Technology Aspects of Due Diligence - An Introduction for Corporate Lawyers
This new course considers the technology aspects of due diligence, negotiation of warranties and the disclosure exercises in M&A transactions.
It will demystify some of the jargon and terminology used so that you can understand the very real issues at hand.
Without specialist technology lawyers, precedent wording may often be ‘cut and pasted’ into sale and purchase agreements with the due diligence left to the client’s IT manager.
The course will also explore the ‘upsells’ where you can offer additional value post-completion.
The session will be interactive, and presented without a requirement for any technical computing knowledge.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Due diligence - what to ask, and what to look out for
- Where external support may be required
- Warranties and indemnities
- What protection are they really offering? A walkthrough of standard blanket warranties
- How to negotiate and draft warranties for specific scenarios
- Upselling legal services around technology post-transaction
- How to stay up to date
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme