Taxation of Discretionary Trusts - An Introductory Guide
Trusts are a very useful way to help families who wish to pass on their assets to the next generation in the most efficient way possible. Discretionary trusts are often the preferred vehicles for this, but the taxation rules surrounding them can be complex. It is vital therefore to understand the tax implications of these very useful trusts so you can confidently recommend them to your clients.
This live broadcast session will explore the fundamentals of income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax treatment of discretionary trusts whilst also considering key lifetime planning issues through several practical examples and case studies.
Tax legislation is increasingly complicated and the protection of the beneficiary must be foremost in any practitioners mind.
If you are new to this area, then this session is for you.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Income tax in discretionary trusts
- The rates applicable to trusts
- The standard rate band
- How to treat trust management expenses
- The tax pool
- Capital gains tax in discretionary trusts
- IHT during lifetime including 'grossing up'
- IHT exit charges in the first ten years
- The IHT ten yearly charge
- IHT exit charges after the first ten years
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.