Tax for Entertainers & Sports People - A Case Study with Addington Chambers
Delegates attending this virtual classroom session will benefit from a workshop approach with tax barristers Adrian Shipwright and Julian Hickey.
The session will help you to drill down into the UK and international tax effects of arrangements for entertainers and sportspersons and understand the practical impact through an interactive problem solving session.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The effects of an unexpected change of plan and what may seem sensible in one country and the impact of the artistic temperament
- Double tax treaties, FTCs
- Case study: tax and the events in the lives of a footballer and a model/film actress including:
- Their journey to a family brand
- ‘Tick the box’ companies and Anson
- Form 16 contract and image rights, appearances
- Hull City AFC (Tigers) Limited v HMRC
- Perfume, lingerie design, merchandising and the development of branding
- PE, FEU, s 720
- Californian living or revocable trust
- Temporary non-residence
- Pensions and family planning
- World foundation and wills
- Artistry, wizardry and tax
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.