Tax & the Family Home - The Latest Guidance on CGT & IHT for Private Client Professionals
This newly updated webinar will look in detail at the main capital tax issues concerning the family home, covering everything from acquisition, sale and all points in between, including lifetime gifts and bequests in wills.
If you advise private clients on their family homes, then you will need to have a good appreciation of the CGT and IHT rules and how these two taxes inter-act with each other.
There are many traps for the unwary and, if you know where to look, quite a few beneficial rules.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The mechanics of the CGT principal private residence relief (PPR)
- The circumstances in which PPR can be denied or restricted
- What happens if the main home is rented out - how does that affect PPR?
- Why working from home may affect your PPR
- The main IHT rules relating to family homes
- How to give away the home and avoid a reservation of benefit
- How does the IHT main residence relief work?
- Are trusts still useful for IHT planning for family homes?
This webinar was recorded on 30th March 2021
at your organisation