Tax Relief for Charity Donations - A Comprehensive Guide
This course is designed for solicitors and accountants who act for either charities or potential donors and for in-house charity professionals. It will explain the different tax reliefs available to donors, what is required to qualify for the reliefs, how they interact and the legislation to prevent abuse.
It will also sharpen your awareness on the scope and limitations of charitable status, the need for clear drafting and the equal need for clear thinking.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Relief from income tax, corporation tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax
- Gifts by individuals, companies and partnerships
- Gift Aid, payroll giving and gifts of securities and property
- Legacies, will trusts and deeds of variation
- Use of charitable trusts and foundations
- Benefits in return for donations
- Sponsorship and supporter schemes offered by charities
- Loss of tax relief for tainted donations
- Preferences for named beneficiaries
- Relevant statute and case law
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme