Tax Issues in Professional Negligence Claims against Solicitors - A Guide for Litigators
This webinar is aimed at professional negligence lawyers who are involved in cases of claims against solicitors. The webinar will help you to keep up to speed with the latest tax issues.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Why do tax issues arise?
- Scope of retainer
- Overlap with accountants
- Where does the burden of giving tax advice lie
- Issues relating to contribution claims
- Tax claims - practice areas - a look at the tax issues arising in the following practice areas and how these may be dealt with
- Property, commercial, matrimonial, private client
- Tax on damages
- Old v new rules
- Current rules and future changes (post Brexit)
- Need for tax indemnities
- Need for tax advice on Claimant’s position to resolve claims
- Can and should you split claims?
- Can and should you allocate damages?
- Potential claims against litigators who are not aware of the issues
This webinar was recorded on 29th July 2020
at your organisation