Tax Implications on International and High Net Worth Divorce
Tax planning in international and big money divorce cases is becoming increasingly common.
In this course you will learn where effective tax planning may be appropriate and also how not to fall foul of HMRC General Anti Abuse laws.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Tax considerations in unlocking assets
- Valuations for family courts
- Valuation of shares for HMRC
- Attaching maintenance to dividends
- Winding up/cessation of trade
Tax Matters in High Net Worth Divorce
- Trusts on divorce
- General Anti Abuse Rules
- Unique Assets, yachts, antiques, fine art
- Businesses in divorce - valuations
Tax Matters in International Divorce
- Requirement to correct offshore Income - effects of this on disclosure. HMRC penalties now at 200%
- Tax advantages of non domicile during/post divorce, for capital gains tax, income tax and inheritance tax
- Tax treatments of maintenance and settlements internationally, which countries tax what?
- Review of recent cases with an international tax element
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme