Tax Efficient Profit Extraction for Owner Managed Businesses - An Advisor’s Guide
This introductory level live broadcast session will help you review the options available to the owner manager client for tax efficient extraction of profits from a business during its life and then on sale of the business or on succession. The objective is to consider the main methods of profit extraction and to provide you with a framework within which to analyse the options available to your clients.
The session is aimed at those giving advice to clients who are looking to sell or pass on their business in the medium term future and who will need tax planning advice about the issues arising.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Income Tax and NIC planning:
- Review of the current options available
- Risks and opportunities likely to arise
- Consideration of HMRC attitudes to tax planning strategies
- Capital Gains Tax Planning
- Preparing for a sale
- Maximising entrepreneurs' relief
- Using hold-over relief
- Using roll-over relief
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- Review of the main occasions of charge
- Optimising the main reliefs
- Tax effective investment after sale
- Other Issues
- Cessation and succession planning
- Possible uses of trusts in planning strategies
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.