Tax Disputes & Collateral Claims - Limitation Issues Explained
This webinar provides an explanation of the different types of consequential claims that may arise against a third party as a result of a tax dispute. It looks specifically at the timing and limitation issues to be aware of when commencing these claims and explains the factors to be considered to prevent a claim from being time-barred.
The webinar will be of use to tax practitioners, accountants and others dealing with tax disputes and appeals where there are potential claims against others.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover:
- What collateral claims are and when they may arise
- Examples of different collateral claims, looking specifically at professional negligence and indemnity claims
- The application of limitation periods to the collateral claims - how to ensure they are not time-barred
- The practicalities and importance of the timing of such claims in the context of a dispute with HMRC
- Practical considerations; when to issue the collateral claim, the use of standstill agreements and the requirement for mitigating losses
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 23rd September 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation