Tax, Trusts & Wills on Second Marriage - The Possibilities & The Pitfalls
Second marriages are becoming increasingly common and they give rise both to tax planning opportunities and complex family situations. You should always be aware of the possibilities and the pitfalls in advising such couples including such questions as:
- What are the possibilities and pitfalls in advising such couples?
- Income Tax Planning - What allowances are available?
- What provisions can be made for the first and second family?
- What is the position of the co-habitee?
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
Tax: IHT Planning Opportunities
- On death
- For the Widow(er) and Armed Forces widow
- For the divorcee
- CGT planning opportunities using the new spouse
- Entrepreneurs' relief/Family company shareholdings/partnerships
- Income tax planning opportunities - making use of available allowances
Wills: NRB Trusts/Transferable NRB/Care Funding Trusts
- IPDIs (with power of appointment)
- Provision for first and second families
- Provision for vulnerable children
Variation of Wills and Trusts
The Position of the Co-Habitee
Schedule 1 Separations
- Provisions for the children
- Trusts and Principal private residence relief
9:30am - 5:15pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme