Statutory Will Applications - An Introductory Guide
This new webinar will introduce statutory will applications in the Court of Protection. It will cover the statutory framework and procedural requirements under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and accompanying Code of Practice, Court of Protection Rules 2017, practice directions and case law.
It is aimed at private client practitioners who wish to develop their knowledge.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The statutory framework in relation to statutory wills
- Relevant case law
- The saving provisions of section 18 and paragraph 8 of Schedule 2 Mental Capacity Act 2005
- When a statutory will is required
- How to make a statutory will application
- The role of the litigation friend
- Objections to statutory will applications
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 18th September 2020 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.