Statutory Registers for Company Secretaries
Perfect for lunchtime learning, this virtual learning session combines the convenience of a webinar with the interactive benefits of a seminar with opportunity for an interactive Q&A session.
It will cover the registers a company secretary to a private limited company is required to maintain (the ‘statutory registers’) together with the rules relating to inspection of these statutory registers. It will help you to understand the requirements of the Companies Act 2006 relating to these statutory registers (including the required content of each register).
This live broadcast will also discuss as a group the pros and cons of the ability to keep certain information on the central Companies House register instead of on the company’s internal register and will cover some current case law illustrating the importance of keeping your statutory registers up-to-date.
If you are new to the role of company secretary or wish to ensure your registers contain the required statutory content, then this introductory level session is for you.
What You Will Learn
This interactive session will cover the following:
- What are the statutory registers?
- Location of the statutory registers: registered office/SAIL requirements
- Form of the statutory registers listed below (including discussion surrounding the option of maintenance at Companies House)
- Register of members (including inspection of the register) and current case law relating to the importance of an up-to-date register
- Register of directors
- Particulars of directors to be registered (individuals/corporate bodies)
- Register of directors residential addresses
- Register of secretaries
- Register of charges
- Register of People Having Significant Control (please note this webinar only deals with the content of the register)
- Optional additional registers
Learn Live: Special Features in this virtual learning session will include speaker Q&As, delegate exercises and voting polls.
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.