Statutory Demands & Bankruptcy Petitions - A Step by Step Guide to Proper Service
Over the last 12 months, there has been a clear and obvious reduction in the number of statutory demands served and bankruptcy proceedings issued because of the restrictions imposed by the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 (‘CIGA’).
Once the restrictions are eased it is likely that legal advisors may have clients on the receiving end of these documents or wanting to issue them.
The documents themselves are reasonably straight-forward to complete, however mistakes or errors can cause numerous problems.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is a statutory demand and when can they be used?
- What is a bankruptcy petition and when can they be used?
- Pre-issue considerations and requirements
- Paperwork necessities and advice on completion
- Relevant forms and applications used
- Key skills to ensure success
- Costs implications on both parties
- Helpful hints and tips
- Additional points to note and consider
- Relevant and recent case law update
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 4th November 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation