State Aid - Don’t Fall Foul of the Rules!
Whatever turn Brexit will take, state aid rules are here to stay. It is therefore essential for those dealing with public funds to know the guiding principles, the way that state aid rules are enforced, the latest case law with real life examples, the potential pitfalls as well as the consequences of breaching state aid rules which will be covered in this virtual learning session.
What You Will Learn
This interactive online session will cover the following:
Part 1 - What is State Aid?
- The notion of undertaking, including:
- Application to the health and education sector
- Problem areas in research, innovation and development
- The notion of aid, including:
- The Market Economy Operator Test
- Specific considerations for loans and guarantees
- Selectivity (including recent tax rulings)
- State origin/transfer from State resources
- Particularities of the new domestic state aid regime
- Reminder of the conditions of aid
- Services of General Economic Interest
- Possible exemptions
- The de minimis exemption
- The Block Exemption regulation
- Enforcement of state aid
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.