Standards & Regulations - SRA Accounts Rules & Compliance Conundrums Uncovered
Fee earners often assume that they play a very incidental role in keeping client money safe and that this is a topic which need only concern law firm owners and their accounts team.
Nothing could be further from the truth!
Compliance with SRA requirements about the holding and protection of client money is something with which everyone in the law firm must be concerned and there are a number of different types of staff who have responsibilities and duties which support compliance with regulatory requirements.
The SRA Accounts Rules 2011 will be replaced when the SRA Standards and Regulations are launched on 25 November 2019, and everyone must prepare for the changes that are coming.
This webinar explains some of the more common misunderstandings about Accounts Rules requirements and will be of benefit to anyone in the firm who needs a reminder about compliance duties.
If you are a COFA, in a compliance or risk management role or deal with client money then this webinar is for you.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What does a fee-earner need to know to keep the firm safe?
- Why is there a risk if you provide banking services to a client?
- What should you discuss with the firm’s COFA and why?
- Understand the regulatory framework for client money requirements
- Assess your compliance with some of the key requirements of the Accounts Rules 2019
- Identify some common misunderstandings
- Know your part in keeping breaches to a minimum
- Understand the role of the firm’s COFA
- Understand the consequences of getting client money duties wrong
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 28th October 2019 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.