Staff Monitoring & the GDPR - A Guide for Employment Law Advisors & HR Professionals
Under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018), there are issues to consider specifically in the context of employment law that affect staff monitoring.
This course will explore the interplay between employment law and data protection, to consider what types of monitoring are permissible, as well as how to draft effective fair processing notices and establish lawful basis for processing.
This course will be highly practical up-skilling delegates to be able to consider the employee surveillance requirement of the GDPR in an applied way. It is ideal for in-house counsel, private practice lawyers, public authorities, HR advisors and data protection officers.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- The employment aspects of the GDPR in the context of the DPA 2018
- Employment law requirements with regards to establishing a lawful basis of processing for staff monitoring purposes
- Key cases on employee surveillance
- Working Party 29 opinion on employee surveillance
- Drafting effective notices
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme