Special Educational Needs - An Advanced Guide
Over four years have now elapsed since Part II of the Children and Families Act 2014 came into force. This led to the biggest overhaul of the special educational needs regime for many years.
In this three hour workshop, we will examine some early lessons of the new regime, as well as a detailed consideration of the various developments in case law.
It will also provide a guide to effective advocacy, whether acting for a parent, young person or local authority in the First Tier Tribunal.
If you are an experienced senior level practitioner then this course is for you.
What You Will Learn
This course will provide you with a sound knowledge of the following:
- The new regime since 2014
- Resolving disputes over the content of an EHC Plan
- Tactical considerations in challenging EHC Plans
- Developments in case law in the Upper Tribunal in relation to SEN matters
- Developments in case law in the Upper Tribunal in relation to disability discrimination matters
- Effective advocacy in the First Tier Tribunal
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme