Short-Stay Lettings - The Legal Issues
This webinar will explore the legal ramifications of letting out leasehold property as short-term accommodation via Airbnb and other similar services. The webinar will consider the perspective of both landlords and tenants.
- How and why might such use be unlawful under the terms of your client’s lease?
- What remedies might a landlord have to prevent such use of the property?
- How can disputes be managed or avoided?
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Recent case law dealing with the issues arising from Airbnb-style use of property including the landmark Upper Tribunal decision in Nemcova v Fairfield Rents Ltd 
- Relevant terms commonly found in leases and how they might be affected by short-stay lettings
- The potential consequences of unlawful use
- Tips for bringing and defending proceedings