Service Rule Traps for Litigators including COVID-19 & Other Matters
Missed time limits by litigation solicitors are one of the largest sources of professional negligence claims reported to insurers.
This live broadcast session will guide you through key procedural rules. You will also learn how the rules can be applied during the COVID-19 crisis.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- COVID-19: Practice tips on avoiding mistakes
- Limitation and standstill agreements - are they more trouble than they are worth?
- Service rules and common errors
- ‘Last Known Address’ - case-law guidance
- Supreme Court Guidance on service by email
- Are you under a duty to warn your opponent of a mistake?
- Applying for more time for service - elephant traps explained
- Court fees and abuse of process - latest guidance
- Trial fees and automatic strike out - latest guidance
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.