Senior Managers & Certification Regime - What FCA Authorised Firms Need to Know
The Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR) is being extended to apply to FCA authorised firms from December 2019.
Although it was introduced for PRA authorised firms in 2016, the vast majority of firms now need to get to grips with it.
There is much preparatory work to be done, so firms can be sure they have appointed the appropriate individuals to each required senior manager function (SMF) in the correct way and assigned the right responsibilities to them.
You must also then understand the scope of the Certification Regime and Conduct Rules and ensure that individuals caught by those regimes equally understand their responsibilities and are properly assessed trained.
This webinar is aimed at those in compliance functions and those that need to support regulated businesses.
What You Will Learn
The webinar will cover the following:
- Categories of firm
- SMFs that apply to each firm and the duty of responsibility
- Prescribed responsibilities and statements of responsibility
- Scope of the Certification Regime and application of requirements
- Scope of Conduct Rules and application of requirements
- Mapping across to the new regime