Selling Land to Developers - Demystifying the Process with Peta Dollar & Sarah Thompson-Copsey
Whether you are instructed on the sale of a small plot of development land such as a back garden or a 1,000+ acre site, this practical session is aimed at demystifying the process of selling land to developers.
The virtual classroom seminar gathers together all the different areas that need to be considered when advising a client as to the best way to maximise development potential and retain any necessary rights over the land.
It is aimed primarily at those who have experience of property transactions, whether acting for individuals, companies or local authorities, but little or no experience in development, although more experienced practitioners will also find many useful tips and tactics when dealing with development from the point of view of the seller.
It will look at the tips and traps to have in mind from the start of the process to finalising the deal.
The course is also suitable for those whose clients are entering into promotion agreements.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Conditional contracts v options
- Promotion agreements - pros and cons
- Exercising options - whole or part?
- Planning, s106 and CIL
- Overage tips and traps
- Exceptions & reservations, avoiding ransoms
- Retained land: protecting value/enjoyment
- Quasi easements, Wheeldon v Burrows & s.62
- Giving vacant possession - problems with tenants & squatters
- Residential tenants' rights of first refusal and how to deal with them
- Resolving problems with the contract: Implied terms, rectification, misrepresentation & enforcement
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.