Self Assessment, IR35 & Tax - An Accountant’s Guide
With the topic of IR35 and self-employment being extremely topical right now, the self-assessment system and how the individual income streams are taxed within it are very current.
This live broadcast will guide you through the rules using a quiz and case study exercises to reinforce your learning.
What You Will Learn
During the live session answers to the following questions will be considered:
- How do you know if your client is employed or self-employed?
- Whose responsibility is it to check?
- How do you calculate taxable profit on property income since the new rules have come in?
- How is the savings starting rate band calculated and who is it intended to help?
- What are the personal savings allowance and the dividend allowance and what order are these deducted in?
- What is the difference between the marriage allowance and the married couples allowance and how are they calculated?
- What payments can be deducted from a self-employed v an employed tax payer?
- How does the new interest on residential property system work and what other tax reducers are there?
- What are the filing and payment deadlines, and what are the penalties for missing them?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.