Security for Rent in Commercial Leases - Which Safety Net is Best?
If a tenant cannot meet its financial obligations, the landlord who is not prepared to recover possession needs to be able to rely upon some form of security.
Guarantees have historically been widely used but have proved increasingly vulnerable over recent years. Landlords will increasingly be interested in other available forms of security: principally rent deposits, but also newer financial products.
This webinar surveys the available types of security, with an emphasis on the commercial and legal practicalities.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What measures can be taken to limit the risk of losing the benefit of a guarantee?
- To what extent can the benefit of a guarantee be retained upon an assignment of the lease?
- How can insolvency procedures be used to attack guarantees?
- What are the differences between the ways in which rent deposits are structured, and their practical implications?
- What scope is there to require additional security upon an assignment of the lease?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Thursday 18th August 2022 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation