Security Bonds & the Court of Protection - Practical Tips & Common Pitfalls
This new webinar will explore the need for, and purpose of, deputyship security bonds, detailing how to amend a security bond once a deputy is already appointed; and the steps necessary to call in a security bond.
You will gain practical tips and guidance about securing a bond, when to call it in and the process required to do so. The webinar will also highlight the most common pitfalls and problems that people face.
- How much should the security bond be?
- What should you do if you think the security bond is too high or low?
- What should you do if you think a previous deputy has cost your client money?
The webinar is suitable for private client practitioners who are already working in this area or who are looking to expand into advising clients about deputyship. It will also be useful for professional deputies.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Learn what a security bond is and what its purpose is
- Be able to suggest an appropriate level of bond based on a client’s estate
- Learn how to set up a security bond and to change how much it is depending on the client’s assets
- Avoid the pitfalls of calling in a security bond
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 16th July 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation