School Admissions & Exclusions - An Introductory Guide
This virtual classroom seminar will focus on school admissions and exclusions law.
The session will cover some of the more unusual and difficult aspects of the law, as well as recent legal developments.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast will cover the following:
- Updated DfE significant change guidance
- Recent case law on section 19 of the Education Act 1996, including R (on the application of D) v Hampshire CC
- Placing pupils in off-site alternative provision
- Admissions obligations applying to non-maintained special schools but not other independent special schools
- Case law on exclusion of SEND pupils for violence
- Admissions and exclusions issues arising out of the testimonies on the ‘Everyone’s Invited’ website. The Ofsted and DfE responses on this fast-moving and important issue
- Practical application, demonstrated through a real-life case study
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.