School Admissions & Exclusions - Recent Developments Uncovered
This webinar will provide an update on recent developments in education/SEND law, particularly in relation to school admissions and exclusions.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Admissions outside normal admissions rounds: Litigation risk if suitable education is not provided to children moving into a new local authority area, considering R (on the Application of SB and ZB) v London Borough of Croydon and NHS South West London ICB  EWHC 489 (Admin)
- Local authorities’ duties to secure suitable school placements for young people with EHCPs—recent case law showing different routes of legal challenge, including pursuant to s19 Education Act 1996
- Placing pupils in off-site alternative provision
- Admissions obligations applying to non-maintained special schools but not other independent special schools
- Recent exclusions developments and caselaw, including R (on the application of a parent) v Governing Body of XYZ School  EWHC 1146 (Admin)
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Monday 13th November 2023 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation