SaaS Contracts - The Legal Framework & Practical Implications
In the past many companies often used to buy software or licence IT for many years with 5 or 10 year IT deals being fairly common. However, this kind of deal led to problems because companies were often then locked into long term contracts which restricted them in how they could develop their businesses.
Things have now moved on so that many companies prefer entering into Software as a Service Agreements whereby they essentially rent the software on a relatively short term basis which rolls over on a monthly or quarterly basis and where the company can cancel on short notice.
However, these types of contracts can come with hidden costs and liabilities which this introductory level live broadcast session will explore.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- What is a SaaS contract? How does it differ from other types of IT contract such as software licensing and maintenance contracts?
- Why do customers choose SaaS contracts?
- What clauses should you look out for in SaaS contracts in terms of limiting your client’s risk?
- What clauses are often left out of SaaS contracts but which you should ask to be added?
- What practical considerations should you think about before entering into a SaaS contract?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.