SRA Accounts Rules - Client Money & Common Misunderstandings
Your fee earners may sometimes assume that they play only an incidental role in keeping client money safe and this is something which need only concern partners, the COFA and the finance team.
Nothing could be further from the truth!
Compliance with SRA requirements about the holding and protection of client money is something which everyone in your firm must be concerned with.
With the most recent Accounts Rules (effective since November 2019) containing very strict requirements, this webinar will explain some of the more common misunderstandings and will be of benefit to anyone in the firm who needs a reminder about compliance duties.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- The regulatory framework for client money requirements
- Assessing your compliance with some of the key requirements
- Identifying some common misunderstandings
- Knowing your part in keeping breaches to a minimum
- Understanding the role of the firm’s COFA
- Understanding the consequences of getting client money duties wrong
This webinar was recorded on 2nd March 2020
Quick Quiz - Test Your Knowledge: Solicitors Accounts Rules