SIPP Misselling Claims - Key Issues & Recent Trends
This webinar will provide a summary of the current situation and recent trends including regulatory and legislative responses to SIPP mis-selling issues that practitioners need to be aware of.
Presented by James Darbyshire, General Counsel of the FSCS, this webinar will also provide a brief summary of pensions and the background to SIPPs.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Concerns with traditional pensions
- The increasing popularity of SIPPs
- Trends towards greater pension freedoms and new decumulation/hybrid products
- Mis-selling re: SIPP structure
- Mis-sellling re: underlying investments, examples and defences
- Other parties involved in SIPP mis-selling claims
- The role of regulators, schemes and ombudsmen
- Regulatory and legislative responses to SIPP mis-selling issues
- Future developments