SDLT for Residential Conveyancers - Key Risks & Client Retainer Issues
SDLT can be the bane of conveyancers’ working lives!
Introduced in 2003, successive layers of complexity have been added to the tax, making it more challenging for you to determine the correct amount of duty payable on non-routine or complex transactions.
This live broadcast session will consider the extent of your retainer with the client in relation to SDLT, the key risk areas and knowing when to say, ‘this matter needs an expert opinion’.
What You Will Learn
This live broadcast will cover the following:
- The extent to which general disclaimers might work, such as, 'We do not advise on taxation issues'
- Should you apply on behalf of a client for a refund of an alleged overpayment?
- The latest cases and guidance on dwellings with annexes
- Is the client really replacing a main residence?
- First-time buyers: is there a fraud going on?
- Can your client escape the 15% rate?
- Explaining the temporarily reduced rates to clients
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.