Reward Packages - The 2019 Landscape
Politicians might have been busy with Brexit but that doesn’t mean they have ignored the opportunity to focus on expenses and benefits and the tax and NI they can raise.
The significant changes ushered in by the OpRA (aka salary sacrifice) changes in 2017 are still not well understood by employers - or HMRC given that mistakes in the legislation are only being fixed in April 2019!
In this webinar we will consider the current and future developments in this area from the likely abolition of the P11D in favour of payrolling benefits to the consultation on company car taxation for 2020 onwards plus the end of the beginning for auto-enrolment as contributions increase.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Optional remuneration arrangements (OpRa)
- Are you getting the basics right such as the NMW interaction?
- Is OpRA still a useful part of your reward armoury?
- Payroll and HR considerations
- Changes to benefits and expenses for 2019/20
- Fixing the OpRA mistakes in respect to cars
- Scale rates: reducing the admin
- Where are we now with childcare support: dos and don’ts
- Payrolling benefits
- How does it work?
- Tips and traps
- Consolidation of pension providers as regulations tighten
- Increased contributions in April 2019: how to prepare
- Preparing for a TPR compliance visit
- As budgets tighten what are the useful exemptions we can build into policies and advise employees about?