Retrofitting Old Buildings - A Guide for Architects & Construction Professionals
Upgrading traditional, older buildings is tricky and some interventions can actually make the building worse not better so it is vital that we retrofit by looking at the building holistically.
The aim of the webinar is to help you to understand the risks associated with retrofitting older buildings together with learning about some of the best practice solutions and how to avoid bad practice measures.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- How to protect traditional buildings but make them fit for the future
- What are the risks for retrofit projects?
- How can solid-walled buildings be insulated without causing unintended consequences?
- Technical solutions - focusing on but not exclusively looking at domestic buildings
- Occupant behaviour
- Moisture movement, insulation and ventilation strategies
This webinar was recorded on 2nd February 2018