Retail Lettings - Recent Key Issues for Property Professionals
Retail never stands still.
The insolvencies of major multiples demonstrate the potential for leases to be re-written by insolvency practitioners.
Click-and-collect and home delivery options can complicate the operation of turnover rent arrangements, while shorter lease terms and pop-up lettings present challenges in documenting occupation. Competition law increasingly plays a part, and franchisee arrangements continue to cause difficulties in relation to security of tenure.
This live broadcast session addresses these issues and more.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- The use of CVAs to rewrite leases
- How relevant is the Competition Act to use clauses in retail leases?
- Challenges of turnover rents
- The enforceability of keep-open covenants
- The problems of fitting franchisee arrangements into the 1954 Act framework
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.