Responsive Leases for Post-Lockdown Business - Lessons Learned from Brexit & COVID-19
Commercial life may have been disrupted by the turbulence of Brexit and the COVID-19 pandemic, but both occupiers and landlords have shown themselves to be adaptable and creative, as regards the supply of commercial space.
The rise of turnover rents in retail and leisure, the willingness to explore other rental arrangements such as inclusive rents, across all sectors, and the tailoring of familiar lease terms such as rent suspension clauses and break options, to meet the changed world, have all left us with a changed landscape for commercial property.
In this webinar, we consider the emerging market norms, and the role of guidance from government and from the RICS Lease Code.
What might the lease of the (near) future look like?
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Controlling costs on short-term lettings - flexibility re term/breaks
- Challenges and attractions of alternatives to rack rent
- Security for performance of obligations
- The threat of the single-site tenant
- Services and service charges
- Why have a repairing obligation?
- What controls on alienation?
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Tuesday 24th August 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation