Residential SDLT - The Complexities Unravelled for Conveyancers & Advisers
SDLT has gained a lot of press recently, mainly due to excitement surrounding the temporary ‘holiday’ rates which ended on 30th September 2021.
Many have taken advantage of the holiday rates and upsized or left the city for county life but moving house can be very expensive so many buyers are querying whether there are any legitimate ways to reduce their liability.
This live and interactive session will cover the basic principles, why the classification of a purchase is important, available reliefs and lessons to be learnt from the Courts.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Basic principles of residential purchases
- Summary of 3% HRAD (higher rates on additional dwellings)
- HRAD examples, case studies and planning opportunities
- 2% Non-resident surcharge
- Multiple Dwellings Relief
- Interaction with HRAD
- Outcome in the Courts
- Other reliefs
- Relief from higher rate transactions and other taxes to consider
- Developer relief
- Mixed use-purchases - benefits and drawbacks
- Update on the classification from the Courts
- Mixed use purchases interaction with MDR
- Uninhabitable properties
- Claim deadlines
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.