Residential Possession Proceedings - A Practical Guide
This practical course will consider the recovery of property from assured tenancies, shorthold tenancies, dealing with unlawful occupiers and evicting sub-tenants.
Equality Act defences will be explored together with cases dealing with those without the right to rent under the Immigration Act.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- Recovering possession of assured tenancies under the Housing Act 1988 which will cover:
- Issuing proceedings based upon rent arrears
- Issuing proceedings based on other breaches of tenancy and nuisance
- The standard possession procedure; and
- Equality Act 2010 defences
- Recovering possession of assured shorthold tenancies under the Housing Act 1988 which will cover:
- Steps a landlord must take at commencement of a tenancy (this will include tenancy deposit issues)
- The section 21 notice; and
- The accelerated possession procedure
- Recovering possession from unlawful occupiers. This will cover how to recover possession from:
- Tenants without the right to rent
- People left in occupation following the death of a tenant; and
- People who have abandoned
Please let us know if you wish to be notified.
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme