Reporting on Title for Property Lawyers
The way in which information is given has changed more in the last 10 years than since the invention of the printing press, but reporting to clients has changed very little.
This is a key function but often the reports can be incomprehensible to lay clients.
This course will look at how to report to your clients on the key issues in an effective and understandable way. This will lead to better informed clients, and fewer complaints.
This half day course is suitable for both residential and commercial property practitioners and applies to all sizes of firms.
What You Will Learn
This course will cover the following:
- How to report to clients - plain English, summaries, examples, guides
- Know your client's needs and objectives
- What if they want to ignore your advice?
- 'Taking a view'
- Problem areas:
- Boundaries & disputes
- Title insurance
- Joint ownership
- Planning permission and related consents
- Environmental risks
- SDLT & additional rate problems
- Road adoption
- Leasehold (including. ground rents)
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme