Rent Reviews & Indexation - What Property Lawyers Need to Know
Indexation is a tricky subject at the best of times, and the cases show how difficult lawyers find it.
Since the pandemic, rent reviews based on indexation have become more and more popular, so it has become even more important for lawyers to be able to understand how indexation works and, in particular, how to interpret draft clauses.
As inflation rates rise to levels not seen for many years, the consequences of misunderstanding an indexation clause have become even more serious.
This virtual classroom seminar is delivered by a highly experienced commercial property lawyer, who will look at the principles behind indexation and then consider actual specimen clauses and how they work in practice.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- An introduction to indexation - the various indices and their advantages and disadvantages, forthcoming changes to RPI
- Indexation of rent - the main issues to consider
- Compounding - how it works and how to recognise it
- Methods of indexation
- Lessons from the cases where it all went wrong
- Sample clauses and how they work in practice, amendments to be considered
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.