Refusing Donations - A Guide for the Charity Sector
The webinar will help charity advisers understand the practical circumstances in which questions of refusing donations arise, and the relevant trustee duties that need to be balanced.
The session will focus on identifying when a Charity Commission Order may be needed and how to help charities with a donations policy to support decision making.
It will cover the interplay with fundraising, safeguarding and risk management and will assess provisions in the new Charities Bill designed to bring a more proportionate regulatory approach to this area.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is the law on ex gratia payments and why is it relevant
- General duties of charity trustees
- Sector specific issues affecting donations
- Whether trustees should take ‘the moral high ground’
- What is ‘enlightened self interest’
- Key elements of a donations policy
- Trustee powers and decision making
- The role and approach of the Charity Commission
- Changes on the horizon under the Charities Bill
- The ‘go to’ resources for charities
This pre-recorded webinar will be streamed at 12:30pm on Friday 19th November 2021 and will remain available to view by delegates who have registered by then for 90 days.
at your organisation