‘Ransom Strips’ - A Guide for Real Estate Professionals
This one hour introductory level webinar will explain the value of owning a ransom strip and how and when to create them.
It will provide guidance towards how to calculate and structure payments for transfer of ownership or the grant of rights over a ransom strip. It will also consider practical steps to be taken by landowners to realise the financial potential of a ransom strip.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- What is a ransom strip?
- Why own a ransom strip?
- Whether size matters?
- When to create a ransom strip
- Why create a ransom strip
- The relative merits of creating a ransom strip against other approaches (e.g. restrictive covenants or overage provisions)
- The approach to calculating compensation for releasing a ransom
- Structuring the timing of payments for release
- Considering what is approved in exchange for a payment and whether future ransom value should be retained
- Payment of costs
- Practical steps to protect a ransom strip