RTA Claims Post The Motor Vehicles (Compulsory Insurance) Act 2022
In June 2022, The Motor Vehicles (Compulsory Insurance) Act 2022 came into force.
The Act makes clear the distinction between UK law and European Motor Insurance Directives and establishes that only ‘motor vehicles’, as defined in the Road Traffic Act 1988, used on roads or other public places require compulsory third-party insurance.
This webinar will get you up to speed on all the implications for your RTA caseload.
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- Private/public place
- ‘Motor Vehicle’ - definitions and new implications
- Part VI RTA 1988 - and the requirement for compulsory Insurance
- Why EU cases are no longer relevant (ie Vnuk) to compulsory Insurance
- No insurance requirement and no MIB claims for ‘off-road’ accidents
- Implications for EL and PL insurers and prospects for recovery
- Back to pre - Lewis v Tindale & Ors principles
This webinar was recorded on 4th October 2022
at your organisation