RICS Code for Leasing Business Premises - Same as the Old Lease Code?
Relaunched in September 2020 as a RICS Professional Statement, the Code for Leasing Business Premises (dating originally from 2007) now comes with potential sanctions for non-compliance.
That means much closer scrutiny must now be given to its terms, and this live broadcast session will consider how the Code fits in with the applicable legal framework and the letting process, while at the same time asking whether the Code is already left behind by the new requirements of occupiers in the post-COVID world.
The issues will be explored through practical case-study scenarios.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive session will cover the following:
- Why would an intending occupier care about the Code?
- How does the RICS’ own standard lease fit in with the Code?
- Is the Code workable for turnover rent leases?
- Does the Code reflect tenants’ need for ever greater flexibility?
- What opportunities have been missed?
Recording of live sessions: Soon after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording - should you wish to revisit the material discussed.