RICS Code for Leasing Business Premises - Does it Finally Have Teeth?
Compliance with the 2007 Code for Leasing Business Premises has perhaps been regarded widely as a ‘nice-to-have’, and landlords and their agents have in practice felt free to depart from its terms.
Now, relaunched in September 2020 as a RICS Professional Statement, it threatens sanctions for RICS members who disregard its terms.
But is there much wiggle room left by the detailed provisions of the Code? And is the market the best regulator of the landlord and tenant relationship?
What You Will Learn
This webinar will cover the following:
- How will the Code gain profile among small businesses?
- What does the Code have to say about rent review?
- What conditions should attach to tenants' break clauses?
- Does the Code reflect tenants’ need for ever greater flexibility?
- What is recommended in relation to repair obligations?
This webinar was recorded on 27th August 2020