Quality Assurance & Practice Regulation - An Update for Accountants
All ICAEW and ACCA registered firms of chartered accountants are required to comply with the Practice and Quality Standards of their professional body. This seems simple in theory - but the evidence of inspectors is that even simple things often go wrong, as a result of which firms can, and do, face disciplinary fines.
This course will appraise you of problem areas of practice regulation and what you need to do to comply. New regulatory requirements will be explained and an insight provided into hot topics based on the feedback we receive from ICAEW and ACCA inspectors and based on our own reviews.
What You Will Learn
After attending the course, you will be able to:
- Recent areas of regulatory change and what you need to do to comply
- Aspects of Practice Regulation that often give rise to poor regulatory outcomes and disciplinary penalties and why; and
- How good practice management can increase productivity, work flow and therefore improve job recoveries
- What the new Money Laundering Regulations mean for firms in practice
- IT security and data protection - including the impact of GDPR
- Update on client monies regulations
- 2017 Criminal Finances Act - including the Corporate Tax Offence
- Managing quality control and work flow - what the inspectors are looking for
- Balancing efficiency and effectiveness when managing your practice
Who should attend the seminar?
Partners, managers and other staff in professional practice firms with responsibility for practice regulation.
9:30am - 12:45pm
9:30am - 12:45pm
Please let us know if you wish to be notified when new dates are added for this programme